Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Singing


Me, holding Chicken and singing:  "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands...."
Edee (eating her breakfast):  You a not a baby, mommy, you a ah-most a big girl!"
Me: "Almost?" I turn and resume singing and playing with Chicken.
Edee: "Yop (stop) making dat yound!!"
Me:  "What sound?  Singing?"
Edee: "I don wan you yinging ah day!"
Me (confirming what I heard with Daddy): "Did she just tell me she doesn't want me singing all day?"
Daddy confirms.
Edee runs over to us from the table.
Edee (throwing her arms down by her sides in frustration):  "You 'posed to be a big girl, mommy,  you 'posed to be a big girl!"

I would never have thought that me singing songs like "If You're Happy and You Know It" could be deemed as age inappropriate by my two-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment