Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dora

Edee loves watching shows like Bubble Guppies, Dinosaur Train, and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.  They are all pretty cute shows. I don't mind if she watches a few episodes a day, it keeps her out of trouble for at least a little while.  She would watch ALL day if I let her and is constantly begging for a "moo-wee" (movie).

One show I don't love, but that she likes to watch occasionally, is Dora the Explorer.  I can see why kids love it, but my husband and I think it's just plain obnoxious.  Besides the fact that the characters are yelling at your kid from the screen (who talks like that?), if you happen to get a Dora song stuck in your head you better be aware that it will stay there on loop ALL day, for days--possibly weeks.  With an intense urge to burst out and sing it.  Loudly.  Not pleasant for you, not pleasant for those around you.

A Dora song must have been on repeat in Edee's head one day at church, because during the silence of a prayer I heard her little voice belt out "D-D-D-D-Dora!  D-D-D-D-Dora!"  She was sitting with friends down the row, so I sat helplessly, palm-on-face, stifling a giggle.

Last week my husband asked Edee to step off the mat so he could move the stroller.  Edee, as if on cue, started chanting "I'm da map, I'm da map, I'm da map....."(of course with a little skip-dance) while Daddy desperately tried to curtail it by telling her "No. NO, I said 'mat', not 'map'! Mat.  MAT!" As if that did any good.  The damage had already been done.  Dora music is like a bad infection.  Super contagious and hard to shake.

This morning I heard a new one.  "D-D-D-D-Edee! D-D-D-D-Edee!"   Dora obviously must have been on her mind because that's then what she chose to watch during movie time today.  If you must know, it is currently playing in the background as I type this.  Lucky me :)

                                              ....I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map......I'm the map...




1 comment: