Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tick


Me:  "What did you do with Daddy this morning when you were downstairs? Watch a movie?"
Edee:  "Um, no." Muttering some things I didn't understand, then, "Der was a tick."
Me:  "Did you say tick?"
Edee:  "Yeah!"
Me (thinking she has no idea what she's talking about):  "Do you know what a tick is?"
Edee:  "Um......hmmm."  She raised her index finger and started tapping her lips, looking up and around as if she were thinking, hard.  "It....umm.....ummmmm.....a tick......tick a......tick a big MEAN bug!!"
Me:  "It is a very mean bug." I've been super paranoid about ticks lately.  There has been a lot of buzz about them and the nasty diseases they carry this year.  *Shudder*  "You saw one downstairs?  What did it look like"
Edee: "Umm.....it ha big geen (green) eyes," very seriously.  She continued to talk very matter-of-factly, explaining more about this tick and what happened, but I couldn't for the life of me understand anything she was saying other than "den he ti-yit."
Me:  "Daddy killed it?"
Edee:  "Yeah."
Me:  "Oh my."

Turns out nothing of the sort happened today when I asked Daddy about the tick after he woke up from his nap.    We had found a tick two months ago that Daddy killed soon after discovery--maybe she thought since I seemed so alarmed and inquisitive about a tick she pulled that out of her memory to reassure me that the tick was dead?

No comments:

Post a Comment