Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Boo!

Chicken has taken leaps and bounds with his communication in just the past few days.  I love it, it is so precious.  He tries saying Edee's name now.  It started one day while at the park with friends--we were yelling across the playground equipment at his sister and he mimicked us-- his version is "Ah-wah".

 When I give him something tasty to eat he says "Mmmm" with a closed-mouth grin and a little happy bounce.   He's also pointing at things of interest now.  Yesterday he pointed up to the ceiling fan and proclaimed loudly, "RRRRR-ahr!" (the R's trilling) with a huge, proud smile.  Not exactly sure what he was trying to say, but he was so pleased with himself that I couldn't help giving him gigantic hug and kiss and told him how great that was. He might as well had repeated Shakespeare.

This morning I played peek-a-boo with him while changing his diaper--anything to occupy the little wiggly acrobat so I can get the job done.  He watched me with amusement and I saw his lips trying to shape what I'd say. When he was freshly diapered he hopped up, toddled quickly down the hall to Edee's room (we heard her stirring around in there), pushed open the door and said, "Boo!"

Can I please take you to Never-Never Land, little boy?  You are growing up entirely too fast for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment