Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Friday, August 2, 2013

Bedtime

"Edee" is a nickname for my two-year old, by my two-year-old.  Until recently that's how she and her friends would pronounce her name....."Edee", which doesn't really sound much like her actual name, but cute all the same.  "Chicken" is Edee's little 10-month-old brother.  The way she says the word "chicken" and his name sounds exactly the same, so Edee and Chicken it is!

My first post is of the conversation that motivated me to finally start this blog (which I had been mulling about in my mind for over 6 months now).  All parents know the dreaded bedtime is not a favorite of the young ones....and that they will do whatever they can think of to get out of it.  Edee is no exception.

Edee (as she's coming down the hall from her room, supposed to be in bed): "Moooommy, will you play with m--hey! Is that a cookie?"
Me (as i'm stuffing golden Oreos into my mouth, and the couch): "No, go back to bed"
Edee: "What dat in your mouth? A yellow cookie? Let me see."
Me: "Fine, it's a cookie. It's all gone now, go to bed."
Edee: "Ha ha ha, I see it in your teeth."
Me: "Yep, it's bedtime."
Edee: "Moooooooommy, I want to look in your eyes, lay down wit me. I'm scared."
Me: "No you're not Edee, 
go to bed please."
Edee (with puppy dog eyes, and starting to stroke my arm): "Mooooommmmy, I love your arm, and nose, and your elbow, and your armpit....hey, where'd your armpit go?"

What goes through that girl's little mind.....I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment