Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Friday, August 23, 2013

Tantrum

I strongly *dislike* tantrums.  It seems the older Edee gets, the more of them she throws.

This morning we went through our more-or-less typical routine.  Chicken got up entirely too early.  Edee soon after.  Breakfast, walk, play downstairs, put Chicken down for his morning nap. I take my shower while he naps and Edee watches an episode of a show on my bed so I know she'll stay put and out of trouble.

Once the episode this morning was over I told her we were all done with shows.  Tantrum.  Full blown crying, throwing herself on the floor.  The whole process woke Chicken up.  As I went to fetch him from the crib, this is what I heard in the background

Edee (crying):  "I wanna moo-wee! Wa wa wa . Moo-wee!  I wanna watch a moo-wee.  Annoder one!  Annoder one! Peeeeeeease.  Just two more minutes....wa wa wa wa ...just two more....two more....just two more MOO-wees Mommy!"
At this point she had come down the hallway to the living room where Chicken and I were.
Edee: "Go back a-weep, Chicken!  Go back a-weep!"
Me:  "Edee, why do you want Chicken to go back to sleep?"
Edee:  "Cause I wan annoder moo-wee!  Go a-weep!"
Me:  "You were the one who woke him up with your crying."
Edee (realization coming over her face, thinking about it):  "Ty it again!  Ty it again, Chicken!"
Me:  "Try what again?"
Edee:  "Ty a go a-weep!!!"
Me:  "Sorry, it's not going to happen."
Edee (throwing herself dramatically into my arms):  "Bwaa wa wa, I am YAD Mommy"
Me: "I'm sad too."
Edee: sniff sniff "Yea! Me too."

Which marked the beginning of the end of the tantrum.  Now she and Chicken have both happily destroyed the living room and are jumping on couch cushions.  And it's only 10:30 am. There's still a lot of day for potential tantrum-throwing left.




No comments:

Post a Comment