Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Chocolate

Obsessions with chocolate must start at a young age.  The moment those kids taste it, it's all over.   I saw evidence of this, this morning.

Me:  "Are you going to finish your cereal?"
Edee:  "Hmmm.  Chocolate Muffins!!!"
Me:  "Chocolate muffins?  Mmmm, yummy, that sounds good!"
Edee:  "Yeah, yum, Chocolate Muffins."
Me:  "Well, we don't have any of those" (I don't think I've ever made or bought chocolate muffins, not sure where this is coming from).
Edee (calling out): "Chocolate Muffins?!  Chocolate Muffins?!  Where are you?" (little pause) "Awww, Chocolate Muffins aren't here, yet."
Me (wishing summoning chocolatey baked goods was that simple):  "Nope, sorry, no chocolate muffins."
Edee:  "Hmmm.  Chocolate Cereal!!?"
Me:  "We don't have that either."
Edee: "Aww."

She wiggled down from the table, leaving her plain, un-chocolatey cereal to get soggy in the bowl, and started playing with her toy lions almost immediately.  I overheard a little of their conversation as they gathered around a little plastic cup, "drinking" from it.  It went something like this:

Lion 1:  "Mmmm, chocolate milk!"
Lion 2:  "I wove dinking chocolate milk."
Lion 3: "Slurp slurp slup....chocolate milk....yummmm."

About an hour later, when I thought the whole chocolate matter was forgotten, I was asking Eva what she wanted to wear for the day and she replied, "Um, chocolate chips?"

I understand.  When chocolate is on the mind, it's hard to think of anything else.


2 comments: