Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Friday, August 9, 2013

Morning

Edee loves the movie The Lion King.  A lot.  She has toy lions, tigers, and cheetahs that she has named after all the lions in the movie.  Lately every night at bedtime she'll ask me to tell her a "yi-yon" story about Simba and Nala.  I'm starting to run on empty for ideas about what two lion cubs can do together in the African Savannah since at the end of the day I've usually exhausted my creativity limits.

There is a scene towards the beginning of The Lion King where Mufasa and Sarabi are peacefully sleeping through the early morning hours--until Simba comes barging in, pouncing all over them and demanding that his dad wakes up.  Every morning in our house is JUST like that.  Edee wakes up, we hear her feet pounding on the floor as she runs (always running, I don't think the girl know how to walk) to our room.  Then she proceeds to jump all over me while saying "Mooommmy!  Wake up!  Wake up Mommy!  I want yum-ting to eat.  Open your eyes! Peeeeeeeeeeeeeese.  I want to eaaaat," often in a very whiny, desperate, I'm-starving-and-don't-think-I-can-make-it voice.  She's relentless. This is often combined with her yanking on my arm trying to pull me out of bed and attempting to pry my eyelids open.   What a great way to start the day.

One morning earlier this week as I awoke to my little cub's typical rantings about wanting to eat, I rolled over to ask her what she wanted for breakfast.  She looked at me a little weird for a second, then her hand slowly raised to plug her nose.  "Ew, yucky.  Yum-ting's in my nose,"  she said.  Whenever Edee smells something it's always "Yum-ting's in my nose." (Something's in my nose).  I laughed when I realized it must have been my awesome morning breath.....or should I say lion's breath?

No comments:

Post a Comment