Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Diapers

Both my kids are in diapers.  I wish Edee wasn't.

We gave potty training a valiant effort--even reserving our entire Memorial Day weekend for the sole purpose of helping Edee become "a big girl" and use the potty.  Let's just say it was NOT the best experience I've ever had, and unfortunately what little progress we made with her reverted entirely within a few weeks.   So we're not pushing it for now, it's too much stress.  She told us she wants to be a baby and wear diapers, like Chicken, so two in diapers it is.  Oh the adventures.

While Edee is rather cavalier about sitting in her own mess, she feels a need to comment while I'm changing Chicken's diapers. At first it was always the same, "Ew, wewoh (yellow) baby poop, gross!!"  But today I heard a completely new one for the first time.

Edee: "Mommy, what is that??"
Me: "I'm changing Chicken's poopy diaper"
Edee: "Oh, strawberries??  Right?"
Me:  "Um......no, poop." (Strawberries??  And no, we hadn't eaten any recently so there were definitely no strawberries in that diaper).
Edee:  "Oh, poop, right."

Yup.  Just to add, I would have never guessed before becoming a parent how much one can talk about poop.   At first it's a little foreign, then it gets to the point where you think, "why wouldn't we talk about poop?"



No comments:

Post a Comment