Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Mercenary

We go to church every Sunday as a family, which is generally something Edee really looks forward to.  Last week while driving there we reminded her that she had to be reverent during sacrament meeting and then she could play with her friends in nursery afterwards.   For some reason she did not want to hear that and started throwing a tantrum (as best as she can being strapped in the carseat), yelling.

Edee:  "I don wanna go to mur-suh-nary!  No mur-suh-nary."

Me, to Daddy: "Did she just say she doesn't want to go to mercenary?"

Daddy: "Yeah."

Me:  "I know that mercenary is a word, but I don't know what it means."

Daddy: "I'm pretty sure it means someone that gets paid to kill people or something."

mer·ce·nar·y

  [mur-suh-ner-ee]  Show IPA adjective,noun, plural mer·ce·nar·ies.
adjective
1.
working or acting merely for money or other reward; venal.
2.
hired to serve in a foreign army, guerrilla organizationetc.
noun
3.
a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.

Well, I definitely learn something new from my kids every day.

Today when coming home from church Edee threw another tantrum all the sudden, yelling, "I want to do it again!!  I wanna do it again!!"  When I asked her what she wanted to do again she said, "Go to church!!"

She really does love church, nursery is one of the highlights of her week.  It just comes with tantrums for some reason.  




No comments:

Post a Comment