Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Monday, September 2, 2013

Mood Swings

Me:  "Edee we are going to go to the store once we're dressed.  Go get some clothes on and I'll get changed too."
Edee (sitting on the floor and throwing her hands down on her lap): "Humph. I'm mad.  I don't WAN to go to the store again.  Humph.  I'm MAD!  Grrrr. I DON wanna GO to the store.   Forever!!!"
Me: "Wow....you don't want to ever go to the store ever again?  Well....I need to go to the store, we need food.  What would you rather do instead? "
Edee (all the sudden the mad voice is gone, sweet happy voice instead):  "Mommy I wan to go to the store wit you.  Lemme hep you get dessed."  She jumps up, runs over to my dresser opens my drawer, pulls out a pair of jeans, then to another drawer to get a shirt, and hands them to me. "Its your wav-rit (favorite), mommy, bue pants."
Me: "Thanks Edee.  I do like to wear blue pants.  What color shirt did you get for me?"
Edee: "Purple!  Purple is your wav-rit too!  It my wav-rit too!  Oh wait."  She runs to her room and gets herself a purple shirt.  I help her find some blue pants.  "We match, mommy!  Yook!"
Me:  "Look at that.  We do match indeed."

As we finished getting ready to go to the store, in matching apparel, I had to tell myself that this intense, fast mood swing wasn't a symptom of multiple personality disorder....it was just a reminder that Edee is 100%, through and through, female...and so my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment