Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Walmart

Edee: "Mommy, I wan a go a Wah-mart a day."
Me:  "Why do you want to go to Walmart?"
Edee:  "Uh, I wan a get a yion, an da tigers, an a animals...yike dat."
Me:  "We are going to have to ask Daddy, those things cost money, hon.  Do you have any money?"
Edee:  "No. You, you, YOU ha money, Mommy!  It in your purse.  One money (holding up both of her pointer fingers from each hand).  No, you ha TWO monies, Mommy."
Me:  "I think it's more money than that to buy a tiger at Walmart."
Edee: "Oh oh oh, a COW.  I wan a mommy cow, an a daddy cow, an a baby cow!!"
Me: "That is a lot of money to buy all those cows."
Edee:  "Mmm, one cow?  Ooooo OOOooo OOOOO, a baby cow.  Peeeeeease?"
Me:  "We'll ask Daddy, maybe you can earn some money for a baby cow.  What can you do to help mommy today to get some money?"
Edee: "Uh.....hmmmm....pee on da potty, be a big girl, (mutter mutter), an boy parts. yike dat."
Me:  ".....what about boy parts?"
Edee: "yike a boy parts. Yike dat"
Me:  "Hummm, well...."  We refer to anatomical differences between males and females in our house, for the time-being, as 'girl parts' and 'boy parts', so I'm intrigued about what she is trying to say, but veer back to the most important matter at hand,  "Do you want to go sit on the potty?"
Edee: "No, I already peed in my diah-per ah in my jammies."
Me:  Big sigh.
Edee:  "I need a make a yist, mommy, fo a baby cow at Wah-mart!!"

So, she made her "list" before we went to Walmart--after I changed her diaper and out of her jammies, of course.   I know it may be too much to expect my two-year-old to understand budgeting skills, but is it too much to ask that she pees on the potty?  

No comments:

Post a Comment