Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sore

I went to a workout/playgroup yesterday for the first time. I'm no stranger to exercise, but it's been awhile since I've done any serious type of strength training.  I wasn't thinking about that as I was lunging and squatting with 10-pound dumbbells (and occasionally a 21 pound toddler) for an hour as the kids ran around with their friends.

So obviously I woke up extremely sore and have been feeling progressively worse throughout the day as all the lower muscles in my body have been stiffening.  Then, to top it off, this evening Edee climbed  leapt onto my lap .

Me:  "Argh!  Ow ow ow, Edee get off, please!!!  Mommy's legs really hurt"
Edee (looking at me with eyes full of sympathy, and starting to stroke my cheek):  "It's otay, Mommy.  Yanta always comes."

If that's true, I'm asking Santa for a massage package and some heat packs.  Maybe even a bottle of ibuprofen to toss in the stocking.  


No comments:

Post a Comment