Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Potty

We've been working on potty training (again, after many failed attempts).  Fortunately it's going awesome today, which is a miracle!  And it's probably because we had this conversation yesterday:

Me:  "Do you want to sit on the potty?"
Edee:  "No...I scared of da potty"
Me:  "You are?  Are you scared of falling in??"
Edee: "No.  I'm scared dere's alligators."
Me:  "Oh!  Don't worry about that, there's no alligators the potty.  They can't fit and the only thing that's ever in the potty is the water, and the poop and pee you put in it!"
Edee:  "But alligators in da water?"
Me:  "No, they are not in the water in the potty.  I promise."
Edee:  "Otay."

Like I mentioned, she's doing great and has been dry all day without a single accident.  If I had only known that I needed to address the whole creepy-creature-in-the-toilet scenario in the first place, this girl may have been potty-trained a year ago.  <major face-palm>



2 comments:

  1. Man you never know what's going on in their brains. I had a student yesterday tell me she didn't like recess anymore. I thought maybe she was being bullied. When I talked with her more extensively I was able to find out she didn't like recess anymore because she kept having to stay in and do unfinished work. I had to explain that doing unfinished work isn't recess. It's missing recess. We just assume they know things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For real. I assume she knows things, then other times I'm completely astounded about how much she really does know! It's quite amazing how their minds work! It definitely teaches me a lot.

      Delete