Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Nightmare

In the car--just Edee and I.  Chicken is at home taking a nap with Daddy.

Edee:  "We going to da store?"
Me:  "We're just going to the grocery store and then to the pharmacy."
Edee:  "NO!  I don wanna go dere!  Dat pace is a  NIGHTMARE!!!!"
Me:  "Whaa..?  A nightmare?  The pharmacy?  No it's not!" (Nightmare? Where is she getting this from....?).
Edee:  "Yes it is, it sooo crazy!  I don wanna go!  NO way!  No way, Mommy."
Me:  "What are you talking about? Are you thinking of when we were downtown going to the museum?  Did I say it was a nightmare? I probably did.  We don't even have to get out of the car at the pharmacy."
Edee:  "No way, not da museum! I don wanna go a dat oder pace.  It too crazy and too many cars an I don yike it.  GRrRr.  It make me SO MAD!!  GRRR. "
Me:  "We're just going to the pharmacy, the place to pick up my medicine."
Edee:  "NO!  You not SICK Mommy!!!! You don nee medicine, you not sick.  NO.  You NOT sick."
Me:  "Uh....okay...you are right, I'm not sick but I still need to go get my medicine.  We're going." 
Edee:  "OOOOOh, is it your chocolate blueberry kinda medicine?  Or the pink kind?  I YIKE the pink kind, yum, yes, mmmmm the pink kind, let's go get some a dat kind, otay Mommy?"  

My mind is still reeling about this.  I don't know whether to be more perplexed about the pharmacy being a nightmare, or about this mysterious, delicious pink medicine..... or that Edee thinks that I'm using the chocolate-covered blueberries stashed in the cabinet to self-medicate.





No comments:

Post a Comment