Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Monday, January 27, 2014

Bath Time

We love bath time in our house.  The kids enjoy playing together in the water, and for me it signifies that the day is finally winding down, and I can relax.  Sometimes I just sit in the bathroom and read while they play, but I also love watching these joyful, naked kids of mine and often reflect on how much they've grown up and changed since being born.  It's generally a pretty peaceful time....generally.

A few evenings ago as I was contently watching the kids laughing and playing together in the bath with these sentimental thoughts, Edee looks up at me--

Edee: "Mom, I love your happy face."
Me:  "Aww."
Edee:  "Yeah and I love Chicken, too."
Me:  "I'm glad you love Chicken, too."
Edee:  "Yeah, we gonna get married when we get growed up."
Me:  "You and Chicken are going to get married?"
Chicken (chiming in excitedly): "Yeah!!"

Then we all start laughing and Chicken starts barking like a puppy.  Edee chimes in and they have a little doggie conversation.


Me: "You guys are so cute."

Edee:  "Mom, Chicken is the best little brother I can have in dis house."
Me (stifling a giggle):  "He's the best little brother you have... in this house?"
Edee:  "Ya he has lots of fun toys dat I can pay (play) with."


Oh the inner workings of the mind of a three-year-old.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment