Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Soup

I recently made a huge batch of chicken and vegetable soup.  Whenever I get a Costco rotisserie chicken, and after we've had a few meals off of it, I boil the remaining bones and skin for a tasty broth and add all sorts of veggies along with the remaining meat.  It's one of my favorite things.  That or making jambalaya with the leftovers/broth.

Chicken and veggie soup isn't exactly something Edee gets excited about.  She might tolerate one bite. She doesn't "yike tomadoes" (no matter how many times I try to correct her, potatoes are "tomadoes" and she doesn't like them and won't eat them; but she insists she really likes the "real" tomatoes but still won't eat those).

Anyways.

The next day after having soup for dinner I asked Edee what she wanted to eat for lunch.  I shouldn't have been surprised to hear her answer: "chocolate chip soup".  I mean, this is Edee we're talking about and it makes perfect sense that chocolate chips should replace any food she doesn't like.

In case you were wondering, I googled chocolate chip soup and found this; and yes, in case you were also wondering, I am considering making it.  The apple doesn't fall all that far from the tree, you know.

2 comments: