Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Monday, January 6, 2014

Me-Moe Addicts

My kids get addicted to the T.V. between 12-15 months. I wish I was one of those moms who never lets their kids watch T.V., or at least holds off until they are two.... but I'm just not.

 I remember how it went down with Edee--she was just a year old when she got hit with a stomach virus and couldn't keep anything down.  She wouldn't eat or drink anything.  I sat her in front of a movie because it was the only way to keep her still so I could slip a few milliliters of Pedialyte at a times with dropper in her mouth.  She hated the taste so it had to be incremental and as unnoticeable as possible.... a slow, painful process.  We watched quite a few "Edee moo-wees" through that week of sickness. It was around that time that I got pregnant with Chicken, and movie time became a crutch so I could get another nap in.  So it began.

I've been really good at keeping Chicken away from the screen until now (at 15 months).  We slipped one night last month by putting a Santa Baby Einstein DVD in when he got really whiny and I was just spent.  Those DVD's really are evil...they reel young babies in with those ridiculously cute puppets.  Chicken could have cared less about the T.V. before that Baby Einstein DVD.  It was a whole new world for him.  Unfortunately a whole new world for me, too.

Now, along with the words "Up", "ME!" (please or "I want"), "No", "Yeah", "More", "Bye-Bye", "Nigh-Nigh","Mommy", and "Daddy"; "Me-Moe" (movie) has become a regular in his vocabulary.  I now deal with two kids begging to watch a Me-Moe all throughout the day.  I really try to limit it, so I've been pulling out all the tricks Pinterest has to offer to entertain them, but Me-Moes are so beloved around here that it seems to be all I hear about lately.  


No comments:

Post a Comment