Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Wud-you

Oh Chicken.  Chicken, Chicken, Chicken.

How soon these sweet angelic babies grow into little devils toddlers.

I love this little boy with all my soul.  There really are no words to explain how much I sincerely and adamantly adore him.  But... I've been through this stage with Edee, and I know what's coming.  It's not pretty.   He's almost two and it is showing more and more every day.

And I'm terrified.

Enough of my melodramatics.

I haven't been keeping up with all the hilarious dialogues in our house, and it's immensely unfortunate because Chicken has become a chatterbox and says laugh-out-loud funny things all the time.   I've missed a lot of good material and the memories are already slipping away.  So I'll just start with the sweet stuff from today.  I'm sure we'll have plenty of the stinker stuff in my future.

Chicken woke up bright and early calling for Mommy from his crib.  As I went to retrieve him and we walked by Edee's room he called out for her.  I shushed him and told him she was still sleeping.  Then I do what I always do and lay down with him in our bed, hoping that by some chance he'll fall back asleep and I can have a few more minutes of rest (It's kind of like pressing the snooze button on an alarm clock.  Only the snooze button doesn't work most of the time.  *humph*).

Chicken didn't choose to snooze, and only a few minutes later Edee, in her Edee-only way, comes dashing into our bedroom.  Chicken quickly slides off the bed, runs to Edee with open arms and gives her a big hug with a "WUDDDD-YOOOOUU!!" (translation--"LOVE YOU!!!").   He held her tight for a moment as she stood there a little dazed and confused, still barely awake.  

Daddy and I agreed that it was possibly one of the most precious things we'd seen.   It's no secret that Chicken loves that big sister.  Today was just verification of that.


1 comment: