Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Monday, June 23, 2014

Ocean

We headed for the coast this past weekend for a little family day trip.  Chicken fell asleep on the car ride there, and we wanted to keep him that way so he could squeeze a decent nap in for our busy day.  He was successfully transported from his car seat into an Ergo baby carrier I was wearing, still asleep.  We started walking to our destination and chatted quietly.

Me:  Oh look, the ocean!

I hadn't spoke any louder than we had been talking previously, but my tone was a little more excited.
Chicken immediately began thrashing frantically, yelling something.  We unsnapped the sleep cover over his head.

Chicken:  O-YIN!  O-YIN!!!

I guess someone was also excited to be near the "o-yin" (ocean) and even his subconscious self wouldn't allow him to miss out.  We all started laughing once we realized what was going on, and he joined in with some hearty laughter of his own, which made us laugh all the more.

  I will never forget how funny that was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment