Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Daddy; Deconstructed

The conversations I post are usually between myself and the kids, and occasionally Daddy is involved.  But this one between the husband and I was just too good to pass up.

Daddy:  "Mmmmm.  Dinner smells delicious.  What is this?"
Me:  "Well I really wanted to use up that leftover chicken, and we had ham and swiss so it's a play on Chicken Cordon Bleu.  I guess you could say it's Chicken Cordon Bleu pasta."
Daddy (in his most refined, snobbish voice):  "Yum.  A delicious decomposed Chicken Cordon Bleu."
Me:  "Um.....so, I think you were trying to say a 'deconstructed' Chicken Cordon Bleu."
Daddy (looking a little sheepish):  "Oh..... Yeah.  That One."

I just lost my appetite.

And this calls for a little more wife time in front of the Food Network Channel, methinks.  Until then we should stay out of the fancy restaurants.


No comments:

Post a Comment