Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Ant

The past few days we've been spotting big carpenter ants in our house--much to my chagrin, but to the delight of the kids.

Chicken is walking up the stairs, holding something pinched in between his fingers.

Chicken:  Ant!!  Ant!!
Me:  Do you have an ant?
Chicken:  Yesh.
Me:  Is it a dead ant?
Chicken:  Yesh.
Me:  I thought so.
Chicken:  Tiy-it!!  Tiy-it!!  (Kill it)

Edee has been teaching him more than just ponies, pink, and panties, that's for sure!

Earlier this morning:

Edee:  I killed a ant, Mommy!
Me:  Ew.
Edee:  Yeah, ha ha ha wit my bum!!!
Me:  Oh my.
Edee:  Yeah.  Furst I took it in da bankett (blanket), den I took it to the chair an I yat (sat) on it wit my bum!!!  Ha ha, yeah I killed it wit my bum!!!!
Me:  Wow. I think we need to wash the blankets....

No comments:

Post a Comment