Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Little Women

I've recently started reading "Little Women".   Before Edee goes to bed I'll tell her a story from the book, usually something I had just read about.   I don't know if I originally intended to have it be a nightly ritual, but it has become one.

We've been sick recently, and Monday night I was exhausted and out of patience, so Daddy had bedtime duty.

Daddy, calling out from her bedroom:  "Who are these 'little people' Edee keeps asking me to tell her a story about?"
Me:  "Little Women.  I'm reading the book and I tell her about it.  Just... make something up."
Daddy, coming down the stairs some time later: "Well, just so you know, the little women have super hero powers."
Me:  "Fair enough."


No comments:

Post a Comment