Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Hummus

Chicken and Edee are sitting at the counter having a snack.  Edee is eating strawberries and Cool Whip, Chicken is having hummus and crackers.

Chicken: "Hummus!!" (He pronounces it almost perfectly).  He's looking at Edee expectantly.

Edee ignores him and eats her strawberries.

Chicken:  " 'ere you go."  He holds out his spoon to Edee.

I turn my back at this point and start doing something.  I should have realized trouble was brewing.  Edee hates hummus.

Edee:  "WAAAHHHHH!! Yucky!!"

I'm not sure what just happened, and turn to see Chicken watching Edee with interest.  He then holds up his spoon and whacks her on the head.

Edee:  "WAAHHHHHH!!! Chicken hit me wit his hummuy-ey 'poon!!!  Wahhhhhhh waaaaah!!

Me:  "Don't hit your sister!!!!"  I take away the spoon and go back to my business.

Chicken: "Out!"  I'm not sure what he's trying to say.

Edee:  "Yop talking about it, Chicken!"

Chicken:  "Out!!"

Edee:  "Yop talking about it!!  Yop talking abou' you and me!!"

Chicken:  "Poop".  He points to his diaper.  I know what that means.

Edee:  "Yop talking about it!  Yop talking about it, you goofy goof!!!!"


Just another day at home with Edee and Chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment