Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Dad's Day

Ever since Mother's Day, Edee has been questioning non-stop about whether it's "Dad's Day" yet.   Edee is a party lover, so she is always wondering when the next big celebration is (I've been asked equally as much if it's my birthday yet, too).

So on Monday when Edee asked if it was Dad's day and I was getting ready to break the bad news yet  again, I realized that Father's Day actually is coming on Sunday!  I shared the exciting news that it was time to get ready for Father's Day.  Edee was thrilled.

Of course it still seems like an eternity away for her still, but at least some preparations are undergo that have kept her content for the time being.  We've had a couple conversations about "secrets" and "surprises", and how she can't tell Daddy anything that we are doing or it won't be fun surprise.  So of course the first thing Edee said when she saw Daddy later that evening is, "Daddy, we are making a surprise for Dad's day, it's a secret!!!"

I know.  What's the use of asking a three year old to keep a secret.   It's just an invitation to spill the beans.

Daddy covered his ears, I groaned and braced myself; but fortunately she admitted she forgot what the secret was and didn't have much more to say.

Then this morning--

Me:  What should we have for our Father's Day dinner?
Edee:  Cawutts an Teees!
Me:  What?  Carrots and Peas??
Edee:  Oh, no no no.
Me:  I thought that was an odd request from you...say it again?
Edee:  Cawutts.... an Tees....
Me:  Carrots?
Edee:  Yeah, and sauce, and tees.
Me:  Carrots with sauce.....and cheese?
Edee:  Yeah!!

Um....yummy?  I'll have to run that one by Daddy.  At least he got off the hook with the peas, both he and Edee aren't fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment