Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Monday, June 30, 2014

Monster

Chicken is the cutest little critter on the planet.  His adorableness hasn't dimished with his toddlerhood, but his deviousness and troublemaker-ish-ness (.....I apologize for the made up words)  is increasing pretty steadily.  Sometimes I want to tear my hair out about it.

Lately, his behavior has prompted the chorus from an Imagine Dragons song called "Monster" to run persistently through my mind.

A monster!  A monster!  I've turned into a monster!
A monster!  A monster!  And it keeps getting stronger.

Occasionally I just have to belt it out at the top of my lungs, like when he's climbed on top of the table for the 47th time after pulling him off and scolding him to stay down.  It seems to just boil from my chest and spills right out of my mouth.  It can't be helped.

I shouldn't have been surprised then when he came down the stairs just now and sings out:  " A mond-ner!  A mond-ner!!"

It's quite the self-declared truth.  And has become the theme song of our house, both Edee and Chicken run around singing about being a "mond-ner".


No comments:

Post a Comment