Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Tired

Chicken woke up at 5:00am.  It's only 9:30am and let's just say that it's been a long morning.

Chicken and I are sitting on the couch while he's drinking from his sippy cup.  He puts it down and looks seriously at me.

Chicken:  Mommy.
Me:  What.
Chicken:  Tired.
Me:  Me too.  And guess what?  (I start tickling him) It's your own stinkin' fault!!
Chicken: (maintaining the seriousness of the situation, despite the tickling). No.  Daddy's wault.
Me: Why is it Daddy's fault?
Chicken:  Cuz.


We had that exact conversation twice today.

The funny thing is that when I had I got up with Chicken (at 5:00am) and came downstairs,  I heard Daddy's phone vibrating a few minutes later.  He was getting a call from work (which never ever happens, especially so early in the morning), so I woke him up and he spent an hour on a phone conference trying to fix an issue.  So maybe it really was Daddy's fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment