Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Sick

I had just put Chicken to bed and was arranging some pillows on the couch.

Edee:  What are you doing, Mommy?
Me:  I'm going to lay down for a little bit because I don't feel good.
Edee:  You don feel berry good?
Me:  Yeah, I'm sick.  I have a cold and I'm very tired.
Edee:  Oh you're sick.  I will take care of you.  I will......put a banket over you.
Me:  Oh.  Thank you.
Edee:  And I will...hmmm....(very sympathetically) you know it's okay to be sick sometimes, Mommy.
Me:  You are right Edee.
Edee:  (stroking my hair). It's not berry fun to be sick.
Me:  No it's not.
Edee:  But you know some people don't like to be sick, and some people do.
Me:  Well...I don't know about that.
Edee:  Well, people are all different.
Me:  Um...well you are right about that.  We are all different.

After imparting her three-year old wisdom she took care of me the rest of the evening by snuggling up with me and falling asleep.  What a sweet little girl she can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment