Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Bastille

In the car we generally only listen to two different CD's:  Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Nursery Rhymes.  If I turn on the radio I hear a huge fit in response, so grown up music seems like a thing of the past some days.

Needless to say after months and months of the same kids music every time in the car, I'm going a little crazy.  I tried pushing my luck and put a Bastille CD in a few days ago.  So far I haven't been met with any protests.  It's kind of shocking, but I'm rolling with it as long as I can.

Yesterday we got in the car to take Edee to Joy School and the music had been playing for awhile.  The next song started to play.

Edee: Hey.  I know this song.
Me:  Yep, Mommy has listened to it quite a few times.
Edee:  Who sings this song?
Me:  A band named Bastille.  Can you say that?
Edee:  Ba--wait, do dey help people?
Me:  Uh....maybe.  They sing and play music for people, which makes people happy.
Edee:  Yike what kind?
Me:  They sing and play instruments like the drums and guitar.
Edee:  And the violin?
Me:  I'm not sure if they use a violin or not.  We should listen to find out what we hear. Do you hear the drums?
Edee:  Yeah.  Dey play da music for people?
Me: Yes they play the music and record it on a CD, or you can go see them in a concert.
Edee:  I wan to see dat!!!!
Me:  Me too....(muttering to myself) but Daddy didn't want to take me.

At least I have another couple fellow fans to listen to them with now.

No comments:

Post a Comment