Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Morning

Daddy and I almost always have a difficult time waking up in the morning.  The kids either wake up too early, or we stay up too "late" (if you call 10:00 late),  or most likely, it's a combination of both.  We also often have kids joining us in bed in the middle of the night or waking us up, preventing a restful sleep no matter when we fall asleep or wake up.  Sigh.  It never ends.

This morning as both kids were ramming and jumping on our barely moving bodies, they were chatting with each other (since neither of us were responding to their endless requests and questions).

Chicken:  Baby!
Edee:  I not a baby, I a yittah (little) big girl!!
Chicken:  Me big girl, too!

Daddy snorts a little.  This is the first sign to me that he's actually somewhat awake.

Edee:  No you not, Chicken!   You are a yittah stinker boy.
Chicken:  Yeah!!  Me 'tinky boy!!

That one had me laughing.

Edee: Yes, you are!  A stinky diaper boy!

And.....we're awake.  Another day of nonstop Edee and Chicken has begun.





No comments:

Post a Comment