Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Monday, October 13, 2014

Boston Talk

We stayed over at some friends' cabin with them this past weekend.  Pam is a mom/grandma figure for us, so in the morning when Chicken woke up entirely too early, she whisked him away so that we could sleep in. I hear them talking in the kitchen as I'm seeing if I can fall back asleep.

Chicken:  Is dis?
Pam:  A pineapple.
Chicken:  Is dis?
Pam:  It's a pineapple, we'll cut it up lat-ah (She has that classic Boston accent).
Chicken:  Oh, pine-abal.  Cut it.
Pam:  Yeah, we'll cut it up lat-ah.
Chicken:  Cut it, lad-ah.

Talking like a big boy and a true New Englander now.

No comments:

Post a Comment