Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Monday, October 26, 2015

Hawaii

Edee watched the movie Lilo and Stitch recently.

Edee:  Mom, can we go to Hawaii?
Me:  Not any time soon.
Edee:  AWWWW.  Why not?  I want to go dere!!
Me:  It's far away.  Go get the globe I'll show you.  See?  It's far.
Edee:   I weally want to go dere! I never been dere before!!! I want to surf!!
Me:  I know. I'm sorry...it's far away.  I'm sure you'll go there someday.  In the meantime we have plenty of super fun beaches close to us...
Edee:  But do all of da pee-pull surf in Hawaii?
Me:  No, but I'm sure lots of people surf in Hawaii.
Edee:  AWWWW!!  No one surfs here! I want to go dere weally weally bad!!!  I've never been dere in all my life!!! I've never been surf-een!! (She's thrown herself on the floor at this point, sobbing dramatically)
Me:  Wow, Edee....calm down....I know how you feel, I really do, but goodness, you are only four years old!

We had a similar conversation not long after this about Australia : /

No comments:

Post a Comment