Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Cheese

Edee:  I'm hungry!
Me:  What would you like to eat?  Yogurt or cheese and crackers?
Edee:  Cheese and cackers.  Hot.  And....heavy on da teese.
Me:  Heavy on the cheese, huh? (she's never used this expression before)
Edee: .....yeah.
Me:  Hmm. Alright.

I prepare her Triscuits with more cheese than usual and heat it up in the microwave to melt the cheese.  This is a common lunch for my kids when I can't think of anything else to feed them.

Me:  Here you go.
Edee:  Hey...I said heavy on da teese!
Me:   Yes.  Look at those crackers.  They are very heavy with cheese.
Edee: .....Mom....what does 'heavy on the teese' mean?
Me:  It means there's a lot of cheese.  Why did you ask for it if you didn't know what it meant?
Edee:  I heard it on Strawberry Shortcake.
Me:  Mmmm.  I see.



No comments:

Post a Comment