Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Friday, October 23, 2015

Honey

Lately I've been hearing Chicken call Edee "Honey" every now and again.  From what I can tell, it's part of a pretend game they play where he's the dad and she's the daughter.   Here's just a snippet of the kinds of things I hear and observe:

Edee goes darting up the stairs.  Chicken is banging a heat vent with a plastic hammer.

Chicken:  Where are you goin' honey?
Edee:  Up 'tairs!
Chicken:  To get your pants!?

He continues to bang away.
She comes back down a moment later...wearing pants this time.

Edee:  Daaaad.  You're in da basement, silly.
Chicken.  I an tight-ing it.  Syee?  You ha' pants now?
Edee:  Yeah.
Chicken:  I am in da attic
Edee:  No you in da basement.
Chicken:  Oh yeah.  Yook, it not tight-end.
Edee: I will go get some more tools, Chicken.
Chicken:  No, I da dad!
Edee:  Dad, I will go get more tools.....here are some talkie walkies!!!
Chicken:  Kid!  Kid!! Come here, honey!
Edee:  What dad?
Chicken:  I'm da dad, so I like mice.
Edee:  Are you a cat?
Chicken:  No a dad.  WE like mice.
Edee:  Why do we eat mice?
Chicken:  Ugh.  Because kid!  Because honey, dey are good for us.

What an interesting interpretation of fatherhood.




No comments:

Post a Comment