Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, October 18, 2015

F-bomb

Edee:  Mom, what is an F-bomb?
Me: What.
Edee:  What is a F-bomb?
Me: Where did you hear that?
Edee:  You said it mom!
Me:  ME!?
Edee:  Yeah, you were talking on da phone and said someone was dropping an F-bomb and we had to drive away.
Me:  What....
Edee:  In da car at Target!
Me:  Oh....oh yeah....

The memory flooded back:  We were in the car, at the light outside the Target Parking lot, one car behind me, another to the side of me.  Apparently one cut off the other in the parking lot and there was a lot of honking and yelling surrounding us.  I had answered a phone call at the time and told my friend I needed to call her back since a fight was brawling, and people were getting out of their car and dropping the F-bomb at each other and we were in the middle.   This happened at least one, if not two months ago.

Me:  Oh, okay I remember.  The 'F-bomb' is a bad word people say.
Edee:  Why is it bad?
Me:  It's not a nice word... and causes people to feel sad or angry.
Edee:  So why do people drop it?
Me: Er, well....they say it...to 'drop it' is an expression...because bombs are dropped before they explode.....but um..... they just shouldn't say it because it's not a nice word.

Not a thing goes by these kids, I'll tell you! It's a wonder that it's been swirling around her mind for this long, wondering about it.  I'm glad she remembered the expression "F-bomb" opposed to the full expletive being shouted around us!  Not ready for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment