Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Friday, October 23, 2015

Baby Sauce

It's been an interesting morning so far, and it hasn't even reached 7 am yet.  Sometime before 5:30 Chicken woke up crying about how he really wanted the bread with butter.  I tried consoling him that it was just a dream, but by then his 'nose hurt'.....so now we are laying downstairs on the couch.  I had hoped he'd fall back to sleep, but so far he's inquiring about some issues that have been bothering him.

Chicken:  Do all peah-puhl like baby sauce?
Me:  Do all people like baby sauce...?
Chicken:  Yeah.  Do dey?
Me:  No, not all people like baby sauce.
Chicken:  (starting to cry)  Why?  Why do dey not like dems?
Me:  Do you like them?
Chicken: Yumtimes I do and yumtimes I do not....Yumtimes it gives me a tummy ache and I have to go to da dockers.
Me:  Oh, okay.

I'm pretty sure 'baby sauce' is the name Edee gave those apple sauce/fruit purees that come in a pouch.  She does not like them and Chicken does.  Obviously Chicken is perplexed by this....

No comments:

Post a Comment