Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Chuck E. Cheese

We've never been to Chuck E. Cheese.

 Up until this past week, my kids didn't have clue what it was.    While at Joy School, the mom is charge was teaching about feelings, and was trying to prompt them to think of some positive feelings.  She then asked how the kids would feel if their mom and dad told them they were going to Chuck E. Cheese.  Her son jumped up and yelled "excited!!", while Edee and their other friend looked utterly perplexed.  After realizing her error, my friend apologetically confessed to us that she had ended up explaining what Chuck E. Cheese is.

You can imagine how my day has been today.

Edee:  Mom!  I weally want to go to Cheddah Cheese!
Me:  You....want some cheddar cheese?
Edee:  No no no.  I want to go dere.  Da fun place where you get to pay games!
Me:  Oh Chuck E. Cheese.  Er....
Edee: Yah!  I weally want to go dere!!  It sounds SO much fun!

I chose to ignore her from here on out and act like I didn't know what she was talking about.

Maybe an hour later:

Edee:  Mom!  Where else are we going today?
Me:  I told you where we are going.  Speech then the store.
Edee: No.  No no no.  AFTER dat.
Me:  Nowhere else.
Edee:  AWE!!!  Mom, yet's go to Chunky Cheese.
Me:  Ha...uh...Chunky Cheese, you say?
Edee:  Yeah!  YES!  I weally want to to to CHUNKY CHEESE!  It sounds like so much fun!!  Pleeeeeeeeease!  Please can we go? (etc, etc, etc).
Me:  Sorry, no.

I hold no malice towards the mom who spilled the beans.  I'm realizing more and more that us moms all do stuff like this to one degree or another!!


No comments:

Post a Comment