Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Hungry Games

Chicken:  I want to watch da tain (train) movie.
Me:  What train movie?
Edee:  He wants da Kiss-mas one.  Da Kiss-mas tain movie.
Me:  What, the Polar Express?  No, let's not watch that until Christmas.
Chicken:  WAH!!  NO!! Not DAT tain one!  Da one where dey sing 'bout tains!!  Wah! Wah Wah!
Edee:  He wants da Mommy show where dey sing 'Choo Choo Go'.
Me:  Ha ha...You want to watch 'Choo Choo Go'?  (It's a Hunger Games Bad Lip Read we've watched one too many times....but it's been awhile since we've watched it).
Chicken:  Yeah!  Dat one!
Edee:  I want to watch the Mommy one.
Me:  Okay we'll watch 'Choo Choo Go'.
Edee:  No, no no.  I mean the movie......I want to watch  'Hungry Games'.
Me: (ha ha ha) You are too young to watch that.
Chicken: No! I want da awt-word (awkward) one.
Me:  Okay, that's fine, we can watch that one (They say "awkward in the BLR, and we usually all laugh about it).
Edee:  Wait, Mom, what does 'awk-word' mean?

How could I not document this conversation?








No comments:

Post a Comment