Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Twinkles

Chicken marches by me up the stairs like quite the footie-pajama-ed man on a mission.

Me:  What are you up to, Chicken?

He holds up a cardboard paper towel tube.

Chicken:  I'm yooking for tinkles!  Yee? (See?)

He points it up to the ceiling while holding it up to his eye.

Me:  Looking for twinkle stars?  I'll come with you.

We walk upstairs into my room.  Daddy had just finished gutting and remodeling the entire room, and we had moved the bed in yesterday.  I pick up Chicken and we lay on the bed looking for stars.  He looks through the tube at the ceiling fan.

Chicken:  I yee one!!  It's a BIG one!
Me:  Oooo it is a big one!
Chicken:  My Daddy a made dat one.  He made dat big tinkle.
Me:  Yeah Daddy put up that big star for us, huh?
Chicken, proudly:  Yeah, my Daddy did.

He's SO precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment