Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Occupied

Sleep really is a precious commodity here.  It's so sad, I love feeling rested.  I don't understand why kids so flatly refuse it.

My kids wake up before the sun is up more often than not.  And that's saying something in the smack dead of winter when the days are short.   I recently read the new sleep guidelines for toddlers and preschoolers.  My kids get an hour or two less than the minimum on a near-daily basis.   Of course, that means we as the adults are also often getting less than our minimum.  Alzheimer's, here we come.

As I finally gave in to the tramplings and proddings and whinings this morning and grumpily stumbled downstairs pre-6:00 AM with Chicken in tow, Edee starting quizzing me about the day.

Edee:  What kind of day is it?
Me:  It's still nighttime
Edee:  What are we going to do?
Me:  Clean.
Edee:  EEeeaaah!  But what are we going to do??
Me:  You can go back to bed or help me clean.
Edee:  But how are we going to be occupied?
Me:   ......what?
Edee:  How are we going to be occupied??
Me:  You need to worry about that, I'm not going to entertain you right now.
Edee:  Movies make us occupied.
Me:  I am not letting you watch a movie when the sun is still asleep.  Play with your toys.
Edee:  Toys don't keep me occupied.  Movies make us occupied!!

Yeah....I know.   Imagine how hard it is then for me to refuse them....

No comments:

Post a Comment