Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Friday, February 6, 2015

Shower

When you're a mom, seemingly simple things get complicated.  Like, taking a shower, for instance. I feel like I could count the number of peaceful showers I've had in the past four years on my fingers and toes.

I always have the kids in the bathroom with me while I shower if Daddy's not home--sometimes they are in there even when he's home, otherwise I run the risk of listening to them banging on the door crying for me or asking for something.    Usually I bring in toys or something for them to occupy themselves with.  That works out okay most of the time.  There have been times when I've had to jump out all sudsy to assist someone crying, and times that they have escaped unknown to me until I feel the draft coming in from the door.  There have been other times that they've gotten into my makeup.  Grrrr.

Then there's times like today.

I'm rinsing my hair when all of the sudden the shower curtain opens and a little naked body hurdles in.

Me: Whoa, hey.  What are you doing, Edee?
Edee:  Um, well I dust was smelling myself, and when I was smelling I weah-yized (realized) dat I was stinky.  So, I come-ed into the shower wit you.
Me:  Alright...

A minute later, the corner of the curtain opens a bit again.

Chicken:  You okay, Mommy?
Me:  I'm okay.
Chicken:  OKAY MOMMY?
Me:  I'm okay Chicken.  Thank you.
Chicke:  EWA!!  YOU OKAY?
Edee:  Yeah!!
Chicken:  YOU OKAY, EWA???
Edee:  Yes Chicken!!!!

The curtain falls back, just to pop open again.  This time Chicken has a flashlight he's shining in.

Crap, I forgot he had that.

Chicken:  YOU OKAY?
Me:  Yes, Chicken. We are okay.  Thank you.

Etc.

This particular shower ended prematurely when the shower rod and curtain came crashing down.   It also took about half an hour afterwards to get Edee dressed. All the while Chicken is shining the flashlight on her asking where her boy parts are and various other anatomy questions.

 Showering.  Such a seemingly simple thing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment