Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Sick

Oh joy of joys.  We have been sick so much this winter.  Fortunately nothing too major...mostly lots of colds and a few minor stomach bugs.  And pink eye--that wasn't fun.

We just got over one of those stomach bugs this past weekend.  Edee threw up all one morning while Daddy stayed in bed all day with nausea and stomach pain.  They were mostly better by the next day.  Of course, by then it was my turn.

I'm sitting down bending over with my head in my hands.

Me:  Ugh, I don't feel so good.
Edee:  It's okay Mommy, we will take care of you.
Me:  Thanks, Edee, that's sweet of you to say.
Edee:  Oh, oh, oh.  I need to tell you some-ping.  If you feel like you are gonna have a yucky burp, dust cose  (close) you mouth yike dis... and den you won't frow up, okay?
Me:  Thanks Edee....I'll remember that.
Edee (rubbing my shoulder): Poor Mommy. Feel better, Mommy.

She's been so well trained.

No comments:

Post a Comment