Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Lady Bug

We have a slight lady bug infestation problem.

 This past summer there was a day or two where there were literally swarms covering the outsides of houses.  Now, seven months later, we still see one pop up in the house every now and again.   I'm really not bothered by it--we're talking about someone has dealt with spider, ant, roach, and mice problems over the past six years of marriage.  I'll take the occasional lady bug.

Plus, the kids (who often pester me about getting pets) adopt the little lady bugs as their own.  It will have to satisfy their pet desire for now.

A few days ago Daddy and I (and Edee) were still lying in bed one morning while Chicken was puttering in and out of our room.  We hear from the hall:

Chicken:  A lady bug!  Oh hi, little lady bug.  Aw, it's westing.  It's 'leepin'.  Little lady bug is 'leeping.

We all know what that means when a lady bug is "resting" or "sleeping".  We giggle about it in bed.

Before we know it, Chicken and said lady bug were also snuggling up in the bed with us.  I forgot about it until a few minutes later it started crawling up Daddy's arm.  I guess it really was sleeping.  I think we might be taking this lady-bugs-as-pets thing a little too far if they are in bed with us.

Then yesterday, I see Chicken rocking and singing:

Chicken:  Rock-a-my-lady-bug!  Rock-a-my-lady-bug! Rock-a-my-lady-bug!

This time it really was a dead one.   Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment