Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Owl

At the beginning of the year I went across country for a few days. Alone.  It was the longest I had ever been away from the kids.  On the last day that I was gone, Daddy and Grandma took the kids to the science museum.

I asked Chicken about it when I got home late that night.

Me:  What did you do at the museum today?
Chicken: I yaw....I yaw a yittle owl.

He says it with bright, reminiscing eyes and a little shy smile, while pinching his fingers by his face to signify "little".

Me:  Oh wow!  A little owl!  That's so neat!  Was that your favorite part?
Chicken:  Yeah.  I yaw a yittle owl.

Months later when I ask Chicken how his day was or his favorite thing about the day was, there's a 50/50 chance that he'll still say, "I yaw a yittle owl" with the same eyes and smile.  Even when no owl was involved.



No comments:

Post a Comment