Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Storytime

Most nights I lay down with Edee at bedtime to help her fall asleep.  Sometimes I'll sing her songs; most of the time she prefers stories to my singing.  Occasionally the stories come naturally to me and I'll make up something pretty good (if I do say so myself).  Most of the time they are a stretch, but she eats them up regardless.

Tonight I asked Edee to tell me a story after racking my brain for something clever and coming up with nothing.  Here is what she told me:

"Once upon a time, there was a pony, unicorn, and horse.  And dey yiked to run down da hills.  When dey were on da water a towdull..."

I interrupt:  "A toad?"
Edee:  "No a tow-dull."
Me:  "A turtle?"
Edee: "HA HA HA, Yeah!--

"A tow-dull jumped on de horse and den he got him out.  And-and-and-and-and den a monster came out and chased the princess!  Den dere was a dragon, and a nice dragon.  And-and-and da nice dragon ate the mean dragon.  And she had to take yittle bites.  And the princess was yooooo happy.   Da end."

She was SO proud of herself for that story.  It was adotable.  I am so proud of her too, what an imagination! Did I mention that she gets her story-telling skills from me?

No comments:

Post a Comment