Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Love

Bedtime....can be a brutal time.  It can also be the most tender time for a momma.  At least for this one.

For our bedtime routine we read scriptures together as a family, say a prayer, then Daddy takes Chicken to brush his teeth while I read Edee another story.  After his teeth are brushed Daddy will carry him back and sneak around the hall corner, peeking Chicken out a few times (adorable), and we blow him kisses.  He's well trained enough now to "catch" the kiss and slap it to his grinning mouth.  Heart melt.  And now, the best part, is that when I say "I love you, night-night" he says it back!  "Ah wud-ooouuu.  Nigh-nigh".  with a little wave. Then off to peaceful dreams he goes after being smothered with another round of kisses.  L.O.V.E.

Edee often gives me hugs throughout the day and tells me she loves me (she is very particular about wording here--If I say "I love you" first, then she says, "I love you, too", and vice versa.  If she says "I love you" first and I only say, "I love you" without the "too", we have to start over.  The "too" is too important ).

Last night as I laid down with Edee in her bed I told her how proud of her I was and what a good girl she is. She answered with "You're a good mom."

Being a mom is so tough.  Some days I want to run away from it.  But moments like these....these are the moments I live for.   I'm so grateful that I'm a mom to these two beautiful children.  I've never known love like this before!

No comments:

Post a Comment