Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hush Little Baby

I sing "Hush Little Baby" to Edee sometimes.  It's become kind of a joke as I sing because after the verse that goes "And if that looking glass get's broke..." I have no idea what the rest of the song is.  So I'll make something up and see how long I can possibly go with the rhyme.  I wish I had written some of them down. At times both Daddy and I would be laughing out loud with what clever verse we came up with.
It seems Edee has caught on pretty well to this.

Tonight she opened up a book and started singing to us:

"Hush lil' Chicken don say a word.
Mama's gonna to buy you a mocking bird.
An if dat mockin' bird do-en't fly,
Mama's gonna to buy you a mocking chair.
If dat mocking chair do-en't sing,
Mama's gonna to buy you a mocking bird.
And if dat mocking bird doesn't sing,
Mama's gonna to buy you diamond necklace
And if the diamond necklace do-en't fit on you neck and da ring do-en't fit on your finger,
Mama gonna buy you a mocking dresser
And if dat mocking dresser do-en't open,
Mama's gonna  buy you cheerios and puffs
And if dose don't taste very good,
Big sister's gonna buy you a mocking bird
And if dat mocking bird do-en't lay eggs,
 Big sister's gonna to buy you eggs dat won't break
And Mama and Edee gonna buy some stuff for Chicken
and it will be okay when we get home."

I've caught her singing this Chicken a few times (er...you know, a version of this).  He loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment