Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Kids

On the way to church, out of the blue.

Edee:  "You guys will be in one house, and I be in a different one."
Me:  "Huh?"
Edee:  "When I growed up. I goin' to take my kids to the playground when I grow up."
Me:  "Your kids? Oh yeah?  Even when it's cold outside?"
Edee:  "No.  Wait...yeah.  I put a playground inside a tent."
Me:  "A tent?"
Edee:  "Yeah it will be sooo warm inside."
Me:  "What a cool, creative idea Edee. You'll be a fun mom."
Edee:  "Yeah, I gonna buy my kids YOTS of toys when I older."
Me:  "Oh I bet you will.  How many kids are you going to have?"
Edee:  "Um, dis many." She holds up five fingers.
Me:  "Wow, five kids!  That's a lot!"
Edee:  "Yeah.  You, you, YOU guys will have more kids!!"

 Daddy and I look at each other simultaneously, each raising an eyebrow.

Me:  "Oh really.....how many?
Edee:  She holds up two fingers.  "Dis many.  Maybe dis many."  She struggles to try to hold up 3 fingers.
Me (to Daddy):  "I hope she really means total and not 'in addition to'."

No comments:

Post a Comment