Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Story

My little boy is growing up.  He is trying out most words.  His favorites lately are "ear"--while grabbing my ear, "hair"--while grabbing my hair (the way he says it sounds like ear, but I can tell which he's saying by what he's grabbing), "nose"--while violently grabbing my nose, and eye...while poking my eyes. 

Another recent favorite word has been, "Nooooo!" in a shrill shriek.  He usually says this when I take him away from a fun activity like putting beads in his mouth or prying him off of the table he climbed up on; or taking away the floss or tube of toothpaste he's trying to run away with.  And then there's the whining....lots of whining.  This all started happening seemingly suddenly.  I've had to stop denying that my little laid-back baby is gone, gone, gone.  The good news is all of his teeth (except his two-year molars) have poked through and better days are on the horizon now because of that.

Today we were telling "fill-in-the-blank" stories, where I start to tell a story and pause for Edee to fill in a word at regular intervals.  Chicken kept on interrupting and yelling out before Edee had a chance.  So, today the story was about "GooGa-DA" who went to see a "Daddy Choo-choo" who said "CHoo-choo" because he was so excited; and so on. Edee and I were rolling in giggle fits as Chicken proudly soaked in the attention with a big cheesy smile telling "his" story.  He's such a ham and I LOVE it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment