Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Monday, March 3, 2014

Snuggly

Chicken is such a snuggly, cuddly little guy.  I love it.  Edee from day one of infancy was too busy to cuddle, only wanting me to hold her for transportation purposes.  She became much more affectionate in her toddler years, but I felt like I missed something without having a snuggly baby.  Then enters Chicken into my life; a gentle soul who lives for snuggles, touch, hugs and kisses.  I've commented to Daddy a few times how he's going to need to marry a woman who is very affectionate...and how Edee is going to need to marry a man who likes going a hundred miles per hour (or doesn't mind having circles run around him).

Yesterday Daddy was talking to me in the kitchen while I was making dinner.

Daddy: "I'm willing to bet that Chicken will marry a very snuggly girl, named Abby (Chicken says 'Ah-bee' for the word 'open'.  We had been hearing that word a lot lately).
Chicken, immediately from the background:  "OH YEAH!!"

Daddy and I snapped around to look at each other, a little shocked at the instant and enthusiastic response. You know that we are going to be suspicious of every Abby we meet from here on out.

As for Edee, when she's not marrying Chicken or Daddy she has her sights set on Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment